Pages: « 1 »

Paddleballmag
Promoting One Wall Paddleball In Phoenix Arizona
Date: Apr 5, 2008 11:13:54 PM PDT
Author: Paddleballmag

Dear Readers;
A open letter to ask Padleball player,Big Blue etc to e-mail me at Paddleballmag@juno.com. I am trying to put together a exhibition for the parks Dept. in Phoenix to display the exciting sport of Paddleball. Racketball is primarily played here, indoors. but it's bueatiful outdoors. My hopes are to put a series of 6 tournaments some for the pro, other to promote the sport throught the parks and recreations dept. as well as allow sponsor to get involved. more to follow.

wicked
Paddleball
Date: Jun 18, 2008 9:43:40 AM PDT
Author: wicked

Have you considered trying One Wall Paddleball played with the small ball for your exhibition. (It's very popular in the city of New York and the state of Florida. The games are fast and fierce)

GSPaddles
Paddleball
Date: Jun 6, 2009 6:13:42 PM PDT
Author: GSPaddles

Originally Posted by wicked:
Have you considered trying One Wall Paddleball played with the small ball for your exhibition. (It's very popular in the city of New York and the state of Florida. The games are fast and fierce)

"Small ball" is played in SOME parts of Florida, not ALL. Many areas play with the tennis ball, a heavier ball which presents the player with challeges all their own. "Old school" NYC paddleball players will argue "Mr Beale" invented paddleball in the '50's while on the Historic Garfield Street Paddleball Courts, the game had been going on since the 1930's with those tennis balls. No it's NOT paddle tennis. if you do your research, you'll know that there's a net in between the court for that particular game.
Nothing against small-ball- it's an awesome game to play as is its spin off "big blue" or "big ball" but "Big Yellow's" the more viable game for televising due to the high visibility of the ball.
The sport is accesible to anyone from 8 to 80 but at its highest levels is amazingly fast and watchable.
Don't believe it? You're hereby invited to come down to Big Yellow's Hotbed- The Historic Garfield Street Paddleball Courts on Hollywood Beach, FL- and get on the Courts for a few matches. You may then be a believer- and an addict!
See you on the Courts!
Tennis Ball Eddie
Last modified by GSPaddles on Jun 6 2009 6:15PM

Attachment:
1126dd3f4f457b3eab176327c4835ce1.jpg
   View
Description:
Paddleball since 1930

Hitman
Phx Area Paddleball
Date: Sep 5, 2013 8:51:18 AM PDT
Author: Hitman